Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dating Blows


For those of you who stumbled upon this site after a google search for something related or unrelated to this page, welcome. If you are a follower of Love Bites (http://summerpeterson.blogspot.com) welcome as well. This blog was created because dating in Los Angeles is like an urban myth. The men here are all characters; some good, some bad and some so terrible that I'm seriously considering never dating again.


I hadn’t completely given up on love yet, so six months ago after breaking up with my fiancĂ© (it would take a lifetime to explain why, so I won’t), I followed my heart and moved across the country to Los Angeles, the place where dreams come true and love is in the air, or so I thought. A few stories about our relationship were documented over the years on the Love Bites blog. We were on and off for eight years which like most relationships ended quite horribly. Like Taylor Swift and any one of her exes we too are never ever getting back together.

Turns out happily ever after stories were created by writers who tend to find love in the form of alcohol, drugs, caffeine or sugar.  So here I am living in the Hollywood Hills thinking that if Lauren Conrad can find love here so can I. Turns out reality television is less truthful and less hopeful than Days of our Lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment