Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Halloween in December


Another night at Bar Marmont. Another story.

At midnight, a tall, handsome gentleman walked into the bar in a marine uniform. Women were buying him drinks, clamoring for his attention. He ended up standing next to me. I thought it was my lucky night. Half an hour later, I had learned he was 40 and worked for a secret department of the government. He had just been transferred to California for a new case. I sensed something wasn’t right about his story, but when he asked me to the Marine Corp Ball with him the following night, I jumped at the chance. The next morning, he called to say he was sorry, but he had to fly back to Washington D.C. immediately due to a government emergency.

After a google search, it turned out that he wasn’t a marine or working for the government at all. He was a lawyer living in Virginia with a wife and kids.

Days later he contacted me again. “I didn’t realize Halloween was in December,” I said. "I never said I was single," he said. 

Date #2, Fail

No comments:

Post a Comment