Friday, March 8, 2013

The Possibility of Romance is Over


 Could the greatest romance of your life last only one night?

Last night I had another non-date date with a male friend. Awkward would be an understatement. I was over dressed. He was an hour late and didn’t realize it was just going to be the two of us. I was nervous and had three glasses of champagne before he arrived. Dinner was rushed and uncomfortable and I couldn’t hear a word he said because of the very loud and drunk birthday party behind us.

After dinner we went for a long walk in West Hollywood. Window shopped for furniture for the house we will never have together. Talked about religion, politics, having kids, our past relationship and why they failed. Bought a éclair at Canter’s Deli at midnight and devoured it while walking in the pouring rain, which I don’t recommend.

I wanted to stay friends with him, but by the time I got home I knew I couldn’t be just friends. I really liked him and I was willing to risk our friendship for a relationship. He wasn’t. So, now we are neither friends or lovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment